Sins of The Soul [Otherkin #2] - Eve Silver - 4 Stars

Sins of The Soul
[The Otherkin #2]
Eve Silver

****

Alastor Krayl's world shattered when he learned that his father was the Underworld god of chaos and evil. All that saved him from self-destruction were his newfound brothers and the bond they shared as soul reapers. So when one of his brothers is murdered, vengeance becomes Alastor's obsession. And the enigmatic Naphré Kurata, a witness or is she the killer? Naphré has the answers he seeks.

A reluctant Underworld enforcer, Naphré trusts no one, especially not a seductive soul reaper who makes her burn with lust. Torn between duty and desire, she fights to keep her secrets safe from Alastor, even as she longs to surrender.
 


The only problem I had with this book is that I was a little lost with the world and the story -- my fault entirely when I pick up a sequel to a book like this, it needs to have been read in order to thoroughly eloper the rich details of the world and it's characters. Eve Silver did a pretty good job making the reader know more or less what was happening, even if you didn't read the first one.

Alastor was a glorified bad boy, he was the demon with the good looks, the bad attitude and a penchant for english toffees. He was a good character in the sense of a paranormal romance; he was particularly swoon worthy with good looks, and an even better english accent. I did like his parts of the book where we dove into his world, the underworld with his father. The backhanded ways he did things, his growth as a character throughout the book. I really enjoyed him as a hero. 

Naphré was a love you or hate you kind of girl; I wasn't sure about her from the beginning. She seemed almost like she was just trying too hard to be a kick-ass assassin who takes names and leaves behind her a trail of broken hearts. She grew on you throughout the story and by the end you were rooting for the pair of them.

Some of the scenes were bodacious, full on and amazingly written. But I then have to remember that this is a Paranormal Romance and a Mills & Boon offering. Amazingly written with realistic dialogue and a backstory and world that is rich and offers a historic and thorough background.

I really enjoyed the elements of the Gods and Goddesses from Ancient Egypt to Japan, I loved the characters in the Underworld and how broad it was. I could quite imagine getting lost in this world, wandering the Underworld's regions and seeing the changes alongside the changes in characters.

I have a penchant for Demons, I love the Underworld hierarchy and it is a scenario I love to return to in the books I read, this is definitely no exception. I loved the world Eve Silver has created and I will hopefully be returning when I find the rest of her Otherkin Books, and hopefully read it in the right order.

Comments