Ryker [Sin City Sanguines #2] - Amanda Sebring - 5 *


RYKER [Sin City Sanguines #2] 

Amanda Sebring 

*****

Something happened in the hybrid house, and it's coming for the Sanguines. Zane Carus has disappeared from Vegas, abandoning the remnants of his shattered coven. Damien Jones is held captive by the Queen of Nevada's vampires, Angelique de Chant. Yet somehow, all over Las Vegas, vampires are dropping dead.Quinn knows there is a darker otherworldly force behind the deaths of the vampires, and she needs help to find and stop it before it comes for Robert, Savannah and the rest of the Carus coven. And there's only one kind of person who can help catch a demon...
Enter Ryker, the only living demonkin in the United States. His unique knowledge and skills are the key to stopping this deadly force. There's just one problem: he can't stand vampires, especially Zane Carus. Quinn's only hope is to convince Ryker to help before her friends are lost, while she also tries desperately to prevent him from spilling her own darkest secret. True to demon form, though, Ryker has his own agenda, and his sights have turned to Quinn's teenage niece, Lydia. 
Can Quinn unite his interests with the rest of the Sanguines before it's too late?

Addictive, compelling and movie-worthy stuff! 

From the very first page you are transported back into the dark, decadent world that Amanda has created, where her vampire creatures are a far cry of recent times. Citing Anne Rice’s Lestat and The Lost Boys, the sequel of Sanguine Vampires is a firm addition into this imaginative and unique world. 

Ryker does not disappoint and I devoured this book, I couldn’t put it down. From the fiery encounters between rivals, to the prose and dialogue In general this story just flows like the Trevi Fountain, filled with blood. 

Leaving me still wanting to become a Black Star, and disappointed I’m not, I will quite happily devour this book again. Zane and Quinn’s relationship was a stormy ride, and the politics in the covens all built up a thrilling backdrop to Ryker. 

Yes I am indeed a Ryker fan. True to her gothic style and fantastic imagination, Amanda has done it again and kept the train going with the series. I can’t wait for the next!

Also, come on. How can you not be obsessed with our demonkin Ryker? 

I cannot wait for the third.

Comments