The Fury - Alexander Gordon Smith - 3*

The Fury

Alexander Gordon Smith

***

Imagine if one day, without warning, the entire human race turns against you. Every single person you meet becomes a bloodthirsty, mindless savage, hell-bent on killing you - and only you. Friends, family, even your mum and dad, will turn on you. They will murder you. And when they have, they will go back to their lives as if nothing has happened. The world has the Fury. It will not rest until you are dead. Cal, Brick and Daisy are three ordinary teenagers whose lives suddenly take a terrifying turn for the worst. They begin to trigger a reaction in everybody they meet, that makes friends and strangers alike want to tear them to pieces. These victims of the Fury - the ones that survive - manage to locate each other. But just when they think they have found a place to hide from the world, some of them begin to change ...They must fight to uncover the truth about the Fury before it's too late. But it is a truth that will destroy everything they know about life and death. 

I loved the cover. The loved the blurb on the back and I thought the little snippets of doom, gloom and fury throughout the book with the 'illustrations' were marvellous. But the story? I just couldn't get my head around them. I thought it had great promise and the premise was interesting, unique even but I just couldn't get to grips with the POV jumps, the world just seemed a bit disjointed? I've not read anything else from this author, but he had a good writing style, if not at times slightly repetitive. I might give this book another go, but it was a bit of a slog for me, it's a large book and when you're not feeling it, it is a bit of a mission. 

Comments