Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire - 5*

Jamie McGuire

*****

No Spoilers.

Where do I begin? The cover of the book, the words, they are a hundred percent true; this book is addictive, obsessive and you will not be able to put it down. It is like watching a train wreck, you cannot turn away, you cannot get enough of Travis and Abby's relationship. albeit ultimately confusing.

Abby is a straight cut girl; cardigan wearing, straight-laced and good. She leaves behind a past in Kansas when she enrolls in Eastern U. She doesn't care much for finding love, or boyfriends. she is just Abby Abernathy. When her best friend, America, takes her to an underground fight, she is literally thrust into Travis's view. and thus begins their roller coaster of a relationship.

Travis 'Mad Dog' Maddox. How do I define him? The tattooed bulk of a guy, he owns a Harley, he is inked up, he just equals trouble -- you don't have to throw in the amount of one night stands he has, to know he is trouble. But when he meets Abby, he cannot leave her alone. Eventually the two become friends, but really, they end up being that something different.

Travis was amazing -- I loved him, I loved every little thing about him. He had a temper, a I'm-fucking-psycho temper. And it showed, oh boy did it show. I really think that made him though, it brought a whole different kind of feeling.

I loved how they communicated. I adored how Travis changed, I shouted at Abby a few times. She can be selfish, she can be incredibly selfish. But that anger I felt, turned to sadness at a few points in the book.If a book can reduce you to feeling the clawing in your chest, it is a great book! And multiple times throughout Beautiful Disaster, I laughed, I felt sad, I was ecstatic. It really spoke to me. Abby and Travis's journey, I was quite happy to be a part of.

America and Shepley were great additions. Their relationship was nice, it wasn't as volatile, as 'disastrous' as Abby and Travis's, but it just felt as right.

The romance was hot, the fight scenes were adrenaline-packed and each turn of the page left me wanting more. This book was like a drug, I could not put it down. Every chance I got, I was reading it, I was reading standing up, I was reading at the dinner table, I was reading everywhere I could. This story pulled you in with hooks and kept you there until the very end.

Five out of Five, Amazing. Just. Just amazing. if you don't feel compelled because of watching Abby and Travis's train wreck of a ride, just be compelled by one thing, one person.

Travis 'Mad Dog' Maddox.


You need not anymore than him. :)

Comments