Cinder - Marissa Meyer - 5*

Marissa Meyer

*****

No Spoilers

I picked up Cinder at the library on my last visit; mainly because I am on a book buying ban, and am not allowing myself to look at bookstores online or in the street -- so the library is different as I am not parting with money. But I will, because I loved this series and believe it worth every penny.

Cinder is a retelling of the fairytale of Cinderella -- most of you should remember the Disney movie, if not that then the endless animated and theatre born adaptions. Cinder though takes the Cinderella storyline, complete with the step-sisters and evil step-mother to the swoon-worthy prince charming, and adds a futuristic element and makes Cinder a cyborg, who is a mechanic. A very good one at that.

I loved this book, I love how Marissa kept true to the elements of Cinderella. I really felt for Cinder, at times I wanted to just reach into the pages and jump inside, just to try and tell her and her step-mother things. I read the whole book within a few hours, late at night. Let's say I did not sleep very much. I was so engrossed, so invested in this story that I could not put it down. One more chapter became two, then two became four and then finally I turned the last page and died a little inside. I need the sequel, but the library as a long waiting list -- which should tell you something in itself -- and I haven't even seen it in local bookstores, so when I have the funds I will be purchasing both Cinder and it's sequel, Scarlet. And am also looking forward to the next addition to the Lunar Chronicles, Cress.

I loved Cinder, she was amazingly written and extremely likable. She was the type of person you just wanted to know. She was sweet, she was hard-working and she was just so... awesome. Kai. I loved him, he was just equally as awesome as Cinder and I found myself feeling greatly sympathetic to him. Being a Prince to an empire that is slowly dying due to this disease is hard, but the things he was going through as well, I just wanted to reach in and hug him. I thought his and Cinder's relationship was lovely, I really did. It was not your normal, boy meets girl, girl falls for boy in a click of her fingers. No, it just seemed much more than that.  


I loved it. I adored Cinder. One of my favourites, ever. That's that. 

Comments