Throne Of Glass - Sarah J. Maas - 5*


*****

No Spoilers.

A magical fantasy world with Princes, Assassins and a Castle made completely of Glass.

Eighteen year old Celaena is an assassin, the best assassin in all the land, but she is living out her prison sentence in the mines. One day she is summoned by none other than the Crown Prince, Dorian. He has a proposition for her: compete with the many others vying to become his father’s assassin. The deal is almost too good to be true. And only when she arrives in the capital, with the Prince Dorian and the Captain, Chaol, does she realise just what she is in for -- it makes working in the filthy mines easier.

I thought Celaena was a kick-ass heroine. She had an attitude as well as a softness of those sharp edges. She was well spoken and well-adept, she was sarcastic, witty and loved books. She was one of the best female character that I have read in a little while. She sticks with you throughout the book and just grows throughout the story.

Prince Dorian is definitely who I am vying for in the end. I loved him, I loved how he acted around Celaena, I loved the quirky little moments of romance. Then there is the dreaded thing I dare not speak, Love Triangle. Chaol. He was equally as good a character, but for me it was definitely the Crown Prince.


There were twists and turns and more added magic into this world, there was a lot to the world that Sarah has created. I loved it. I loved Celaena, I loved her history, I loved everything. The dialogue flows amazingly, the prose foot perfect, the setting is magical and enthralling. But that ending... that ending made me a little disappointed and made me dubious to pick up the sequel, but nonetheless it remains a solid five stars.

Comments