Until I Die & If I Should Die [Revenants #1 & #2] - Amy Plum - 5*
[Revenants #2 & #3]
Amy Plum
*****
No Spoilers.
I couldn't put Die For Me down, I devoured every page, I could not stop enveloping myself in this beautiful magical Parisian world that Amy Plum had created. It was only inevitable with the next two books. I was tentative, I'm not going to lie, there are few sequels that actually hold the same attention value and amazement than the first one. Well, Amy Plum has proved me wrong. Both Until I Die and If I Should Die were amazing, they had excitement, they had romance, lots of conflict and action and all set in the romantic and enthralling backdrop of Paris.
Kate and Vincent are perfect. They just fit together. Well, they have a lot to deal with, with Vincent being a Revenant and the Numa appearing and starting to cause trouble for Vincent's 'family'. These books flowed so well with each other. Amy's writing style is magnificent, just the perfect amount of description to make you imagine you are there, the most perfect dialogue between characters and also, character development. In the Revenant trilogy we see Kate transform herself from her depressive slump to the end of If I Should Die, which was a lovely twist and really made it for me.
Georgia and Kate's sisterly relationship was a refreshing change, I don't normally like a great deal of female characters but Georgia grew on me, and like Kate, she had a nice transformation from book one to book three, great character development.Vincent and Jules, they were my favourite. the brooding Vincent just seemed to get on so well with the flirtatious artist. Amy made it so; you could see in the pages, you could practically hear their friendship. I was quite saddened by a certain point in the third and final book, but it works out well. We see a reappearance from Charles, a very changed,Charles. We have some new villains that were rather close to home. A few nice twists and a bucket load of sweet and darling romance. I cannot rave any more about this trilogy, you must start them, pick up Die For Me and become just as engrossed in the Parisian setting, the romance, the unique world of the Revenants and their everyday plight. So original, so well written. You must go and read, borrow it from the library, buy the ebook, buy the paperback. Just find it and read it. You will not be disappointed.
I would like to also Thank Amy plum, I had hit a bit of a reading slump, and this trilogy really dazzled me, it was like a magic wand, the beautiful prose, the amazing dialogue, it just waved in front of me and I devoured these three books in four days. Amazing. just, simply magnefique!
However, they should come with a warning -- you will be inclined to think more of France, to want to learn French, to find anything remotely related to France, and just dive into it. The Revenants were that good, they felt so real. And, just the covers, how beautiful are they? They are just dying to be on your bookshelves!

Comments
Post a Comment