Die For Me [Revenants #1] - Amy Plum - 5*

Amy Plum

*****

No Spoilers.

Die For Me was a thrilling, beautiful, enthralling and amazing book. It took you on a romantic and stunning journey alongside Kate through Paris, meeting  mysterious group of 'Revenants' and the amazing, alluring and beautiful, Vincent Delacroix. who harbours a secret, who or what is this beautiful, dark stranger?

Where do I begin? Die For Me plunged you in, it grabbed you by the shoulders as you were reading and pulled you right in to the beautiful scenery, the coffee-scented pages, the cobbled streets of Paris. Kate is a remarkable character; she is real, he is grieving and she is thrust into a new world, one she has known all of her life, but still feels different from her life in Brooklyn, New York.

When we first catch a glimpse of Vincent and his friend Jules, I fell in love with them; their mystery, their artistry, absolutely everything. Amy Plum has not only made an amazingly enthralling world of an already magical country, but she has written characters that just belong there. There is just that final pinch of action, of romance and of magic that makes this book one of the best I've read in 2014 so far. I only wished I had have read it sooner!

Vincent and Kate's relationship grows at a normal, lovely pace. You can see with every turn of the page that they are falling for each other -- how can you not when in the city of love? -- it was beautiful to watch unfold, even more to watch Kate struggle to come to terms with her finding out what Vincent really is. It is a shock, I must say, finding that sort of thing out, but they persevered and I was rooting for the pair of them all the way. They made a lovely, sweet and enticing couple. I did like Jules' little comebacks and his appearance alongside Ambrose really did make it for me. I enjoyed all of the characters, even Georgia. I loved the setting, I loved the prose, the dialogue, just everything about this book. I have nothing to gripe about. A hundred percent I will give Die For Me; I just hope the the rest of the trilogy is the same, if not better.


Right, I'm off to read the sequel :)

Comments